Friday 5 March 2010

£100 plus cost of indecision

After a couple of stop loss issues with Gruss, I set up my bot to fire a stop loss after 5 seconds if Gruss's stop did not fire or did not get matched. This has caused me problems twice before today. First time I layed a horse and won 6 second time backed and lost 4. This was meant to be one of myfixes this weekend but it has come too late

My options were let Gruss's stop loss fire and hope to get matched in running or use just my stop loss

I was leaning towards mine but hadn't implemented. The thing is this is a really simple fix just take two digits of the gruss trigger. Daammn. A horse bot backed today, Chaninbar led to this loss. Both Gruss and my stop loss fired meaning I had a net lay and the horse duly romped home.

My bot runs a cycle every second. First it checks to see if Gruss's stop has been fired, if not a second later it cancels and then 4 seconds later it fires a stop based on my actual exposure. Somewhere within this 5 seconds something is not quite happening right so I am going to simple turn of Gruss's stop loss. Eventually I will turn off the tick offset too. The only other option is to let the stop loss and tick offset go in play but this is a little too risky

I still hope to be ahead this month and I am just happy still using relatively low stakes. There is no way I can do this without a bot as I trade all runners below 8.5, 10 minutes to the start and this weekend I am upgrading my bot to monitor and trade from 8 am in the morning all races and possibly all runners. Even if I had the free time I could not sit in front of the pc all day

So the good news is I think I can rectify the problem easily. The bad news is an additional £100 in bot errors bringing the total to nearly £1,000

No comments: