Sunday 7 March 2010

Reprogramming and Backtesting day

P&L since last update -£91.87

4-Mar -£1.08
5-Mar -£109.72 (Bot failure -£113.46)
6-Mar £18.93

Grim reading above however there a lot of things I am positive about. My new bot settings mean losing days are controlled.

This weekend I was meant to completely reprogram my bot but stayed up late trying to come up with a system for laying horses. I feel a better understanding of form etc will help my trading and trading will help punting. At least I hope the impact is positive and not the other way round. I even bought a horse racing game to help this process. Once the laying analysis is completed I will get about 1 year of results from the RP site to back test.

All this meant I woke up late and just managed to set up the bot and then went to sleep. Went out with Mrs Vital to a dinner dance in the evening so didn't do much programming.

I am not 100% sure my bot won't still make mistakes so unless I am watching will be using £1 stakes. I never seem to lose on Saturdays so I may use £5 or even £10 stakes on saturdays

Today I hope to back test the impact of the early morning price movements on the last 10 minutes in the horse racing market and also reprogram the bot to be able to track prices from early morning but still only trade in the last 10 minutes.

This means instead of one workbook open with one sheet trading I will have between 2 and 5 workbooks open with up to 8 sheets trading. I will do all this using Gruss's betting assistant and excel as usual. I know my home Laptop can handle this but it remains to be seen if my 512mb ram VPS can. If not I will eventually have to upgrade the VPS but in the meantime will run bot from home Laptop. Problem with this is my Internet crashes about once or twice a week which is why I got the VPS in the first place





No comments: