Wednesday 3 March 2010

P&L since last update -£26.86

I haven't posted for a while because of work and also I have been doing a lot of analysis to improve my system. Things haven't been going well on the P&L front but what has been good is I have allowed the bot to run uninterrupted.

For my current system I have been trying to improve profits by doing one or all of the following

a)Finding an indicator to enable me let trades run greater than my standard target of 7 ticks
b)Taking whatever profit is available if less than 7 ticks and if my indicator suggests the trend is weakening
c)Apply a filter to help me not enter certain losing trades - can't avoid all but the trades that do not go my way for even one tick and usually get stopped out almost immediately usually in less than a minute

The search continues but I have a few things to backtest first. I usually start by putting the indicators on a chart and just manually checking about 30 charts. If it looks good then I run a back test. I currently have quite a few in the pipeline as well as some I have discarded

I just now need to make the time to run the backtests and also to continue matched betting

Summary not happy not making money but really pleased about my discipline in letting the bot run.What has helped me is reading blogs where some people have long losing runs but stick with their systems until things turn round.

I am also pleased that I am still hopeful researching and analysing

Until next time good luck to us all

The Skinny

No comments: