Saturday 6 February 2010

3 steps forward 2 steps back

P&L Since last update -£60.32

Twice I changed settings after back testing and both times very costly. The first I simply increased my target by one tick. Luckily I figured out after 1 day's massive loss.
Clawed some of that back changed settings again this time to filter out odds where historically I wasn't profitable. Problem was this slowed down my bot in placing bets meaning I was missing the profitable trades & only picking up the loss making ones. Didn't figure this out for 3 days and finally I changed today, still lost but it was clear that was the difference. Hoping for a better day tomorrow. Will try to speed up Bot tomorrow

So that's 6% of my bank and much of my December profits gone. The big lesson here is always test changes on very small stakes. Also always use a stop loss without this loss would have been about £30 more.

Also hope to start match betting as hoping to make at least £1000 this month

No comments: