Wednesday 10 February 2010

Painful but correct decision

Day's P&L -£9.79

Day didn't go according to plan. Set up my bot at 12 then went for meetings until 3pm. Came back and found out because Carlisle was abandoned Gruss's betting assistant got stuck after a few races. Came back and saw had lost about £2.50. Started the bot and then lost a further £7.50 so implemented my stop loss i.e. reduced stakes to 10% of normal.

I say painful because I went on to win £1.99 which means I would have been up £7 for the day

There is no logical reason why I have the daily stop loss and this will seriously test my resolve to keep it. The reasons why I have the daily stop loss is to avoid volatility as I build the bank and road test the system. I am still learning everyday as even though I know what the system can do in back testing, live trading is different.

I have discarded at least two systems that performed very well in backtesting but failed live

So will keep the stop loss but may make an exception for "feature bets". One thing I have noticed is my Bot seems very successful at some courses like Kempton today while it performs poorly at Wolves. I don't want to implement these filters until I have about 300 bets at least for each course

No comments: