Monday 15 February 2010

Fighting back

P&L since last update £18.29

Fri -£8.62
Sat £13.00
Sun £13.91

Friday was the third loss in a row so I did some major analysis

Actually Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, if I hadn't implemented stop loss would have done much better however the advantage of the stop loss is after just 2 winning days I have recovered from 3 losing days. I will keep the stop loss but increase it to x 5 of trade stake (currently £3).

From my analysis I have implemented some filters. I was reluctant to do this as I feel I need to get much more data and avoid the dangers of back fitting however I got frustrated with the whole 2 days up 2 days down thing (mostly my fault as if I just let the bot run I would have been profitable).

Filters for now are implement odds range filters for back and lay trades, avoid Wolverhampton and Exeter (after today), only back at Southwell and trade all odds at Kempton my best track so far. When I say avoid I mean trade at 10% of normal stake to gather data.

I am at home now for the next 7 days for half term and I have a few things I need to implement.

Then move on to matched betting and looking at trading the horses from 8am. Also I think information I gather here will be useful in my last 10 minute trading.

So much to do so little time. Now that I have green I am enjoying and hopeful. I know I can triple my stakes and the market will absorb easily however I will stay at £3 risked per trade for the next one week at least.

No comments: