Monday 22 December 2008

Interesting

Daily Result Small win
Could only do system C trading today so I identified 7 races where i might be able to find a suitable lay. Took about 10 minutes using betfair lite on my xda. I have now found out I can access sporting life at work so this shortlisting process will now take about a minute. Anyway did not find a suitable lay on the first 6 including two I couldn't monitor as I was distracted by a colleague. I am happy with myself that I kept my discipline. On the 7th I layed a horse at 11.5 with increased stakes. Only about 1% of my bank but still not money I was psychologically prepared to lose. My trading is all still at the testing stage so I am using very small amounts. Anyway system C came through again and the horse was beaten into 10th out of 12 places.
Hence the title of my post. While I prefer using charts and indicators to read the races and feel like I am trading shares or forex, so far the results of system c - 7/7 lays have been good. So good that I am going to invest the time to download about 2 months of betfair historical data to back test it. Also I noticed some things while watching the races which has given me some food for thought. Watching the markets and reviewing your bets are probably the 2 most profitable activities a would be trader should do.

So pleased I was able to at least do a bit of punting although didn't get much work done

No comments: