Wednesday 31 December 2008

Standing still

Break Even

Actually a small loss today under £1 which could have been avoided if I stuck to my rules. Woke up late and discovered 2 meets were cancelled today. I scrambled to get into the first race about 8 minutes to the off and not surprisingly lost 3 ticks. I basically saw WOM about 80% to drift & as horse was drifting per charts from betfair & I jumped in. Also I had received an email from someone I sold an Iphone on ebay too who wanted to return it. This put me in a bad mood. second bet was very similar and I duly dropped another 3 ticks. One emotional demon I haven't yet mastered is being in control after a loss. I either trade very conservatively and never get matched or trade aggresively and accumulate losses. Anyway after starting with 2 losses I knew it would be tough.

However I recovered and won 8 ticks on the next 3 bets at 2,3,3 ticks to put me 2 ticks up. Then lost 6 ticks as a horse steamed 23 ticks in the last 4 minutes of the race and took out my stops. 6 ticks because I effectively doubled my stakes. One thing I tried today was to split my stake in two put half in at say 3.5 to lay and the other 2 ticks below. I have dropped this tactic like a led ballon because on all my wins only the first lay got matched while on the losses both lays got taken.

I actually ended 1 tick up but about 60p down

No comments: