Saturday 20 December 2008

Turn around

Daily result Break even

Could have been much better so much better. I don't really like the evening races because of the gap in between races. Also my systems are also time dependent i.e I only bet at certain times before the race starts i.e between 10 minutes and 6 minutes before the start and all that is screwed up in the evening racing

Anyway won the first two 4 trades, 2 system A and 2 system C and was 1 up for the day meaning 1.50 in the evening. Then dropped the last 2 trades on the same selection at the same point on the last race to finish the day break even.

I saw a system C trade but didn't take because there were only 5 runners and I didn't want to lay a runner in a 5 horse race. of course the horse lost

I still have problems with my discipline. In the last two trades i lost in the first I chased the price. This is irrelevant as i would have lost anyway. However in the 2nd trade I somehow wasn't payin attention and clicked before price hit my target and was duly punished

That's why even though i am not winning I feel systems are profitable. I am thinking strongly of automating entry & exits to remove emotions

I am also thinking I will only trade a few races a day say max 5. I hope to spend tomorrow morning tidying up my spreadsheet and over the holidays do the automation or semi automation.

On a positive note my two matched bets lost at the bookies so cash flowed into my betdaq account. On principle I only use betdaq for all my other activities as like most I am very cheesed at Betfair's premium tax.
Another positive is I can trade system C at work using my XDA Orbit & betfair lite and system C is an impressive 6/6. I saw 2 low quality trades I didn't take and they also won - the horses lost

Sometime down the line I also plan to build a bot for my xda. Of course I am going to wait until I have at least 1k profits before investing the time. So it's two days break even which means I am not losing money. it is however a huge amount of time so once i am happy with my systems will cut down significantly on the races I bet

Time for my 1 mile jog as it's been a loooong day sitting at the pc. when I return I will do the betfred free 10 mobile matched bet

No comments: