Tuesday 30 December 2008

Mixed results but learning

Break Even over the last 2 days

Firstly yesterday was quiet. Only traded one race using my XDA at work. Layed a horse at 13 and I won i.e the horse lost although I was surprised it managed to finish 4th. Today has been dissapointing and I gave up everything I won yesterday but very rewarding as I have also learnt a lot. I am about halfway through the false favourites ebook for laying horses and decided to try a few tricks I picked up and cobbled into a new strategy. This method won 7 ticks and then lost 7 but I know how to avoid the losses so quietly confident. I then lost another 9 ticks on one of my favourite systems and again on the first 3 tick loss I can eliminate or filter out those kind of trades. On the second one I lost 6 ticks as I doubled my size. This was a good trade that rebounded after my stops were taken out so this is a kind of loss I will just have to live with.

I have scrapped system B my breakout system as it has lost about 15 ticks over the period and will replace with this new system F which is kind of a trend pull back system. This means I now have

2 Trend pull back systems
1 Swing trading system for ranging markets
1 Laying horses

I seem to be changing my systems a lot but I am convinced I am learning and I am happy I am breaking even and not losing money. Also any money lost can be recouped through matched betting.

Problem is 2009 is approaching fast and I will have to lock down my systems for 30 bets each. Minor tweaks are of course still allowed.


I have one full day of trading tomorrow and then I will document my system, strategy & goals for quarter 1 2009 and start posting results in £

I am also happy with the changes I made to my trading spreadsheet. When I first started I could only trade 1 horse from the first 3, I then changed so I could trade the first 3. Over the last 2 days I tweaked so i can now trade any 3 of the first 6 in any order I want.

I need to do my review spreadsheet so I can print the charts and review on the train into work.

Next update tomorrow evening which should hopefully be a 10 tick win

No comments: