Thursday 18 December 2008

Still getting there

Daily Result Break even

This is it for today as I am not trading the evening races today. I looked at my systems and decided to make some tweaks to system A and clarify rules for B & C. Also devised system D. It was a bit confusing trading too many sytems but it helps fight boredom and the impule to chase bets

So results
Trading
System A only 3 bets first won 4 ticks but was an error as I laid the wrong horse, second lost 4 ticks but 2 tick profit was available that I didn't take. 3rd won 1 tick. Again 2 ticks available that I didn't take. Overall 1 tick up but I know the first bet was an error. The reason I didn't take the 2 ticks is I like my systems to have 50/50 risk reward ratio. Since I was risking 4 ticks that was my target.

System B got of to a flier winning first 3 bets for 3 ticks each (All system B bets are to win/lose 3 ticks). I then lost 1, won 1, lost 3 and won 1 to finish 1 win or 3 ticks up

Punting
System C - Laying. Layed horse at 7.2 and won. I will be using maria staking for this and a 50 bank
System D- Backing. Backed 2 horses at about evens first won, second lost. For system D I am using the 112233 staking system and also small 50 bank
That's it. Better than Yesterday but still a very long long way to go

System C has won 4/4 which is my best so far however I am laying at odds up to 11 so to early to celebrate.

System B looks like a few tweaks will make it a winning system. I plan to look at all 7 or 8 bets today to see if the winners give any clues and same for the losers

May do a bit of matched betting much later as I have to get a long overdue haircut and do some shopping

Also won't be trading tomorrow because of work. I can get home on time to trade evening races but would rather have a break.

Next update Saturday

The Skinny

No comments: