Sunday 18 January 2009

Better

Daily Result £3.51
Horse Racing £1.15
Football £2.38

All green today and it could have been much better. Going into the last 2 games I was 12 ticks up. Lost 5 in the penultimate and 3 in the last to finish just 4 ticks up. The bulk of the horse racing P&L, about 95p came from a lay of a horse i.e a non trading bet. Soccer came from a back of under 2.5 goals between Xanthi & Larissa in the Greek league.

I think the reasons for my improved results in trading the horses is because I have slowed my refresh rate in Gruss's betting assistant. This has meant I am not being stoppped out by noise. It also means I am not getting into trades as quickly as I can but overall I think this is much better for my trading.

In the last race I actually saw a 3 tick profit but queued for 4 ticks 3 and then 2 and watched as the price ran away from me. Really dissapointed and I am toying with the idea of quitting when I hit a predetermined amount but I won't as this doesn't make any sense.

I am happy because in the last 2 races I made mistakes I will eliminate.

In the penultimate race a clear favourite was drifting and I thought my chart was showing a head & shoulders formation meaning the price was about to reverse. I jumped in before support at the neckline was broken and I paid the price.

In the last race I suffered another rush of blood and entered 1 tick higher than I had planned. These are aspects of my trading I can and aim to work on.

Now for a 2 mile jog to clear the head.

No comments: