Sunday 25 January 2009

Still No Cigar

Results since last update -£2.40

After waiting for a whole week to trade and after all the charts I have studied in the last 2 weeks when I lost about £2.70 on Saturday I have to say I was 24 hours from quitting. If I had sufferred a loss today I would have.

I wouldn't have given up all this but would have restricted my self to match betting.

Anyway yesterday I lost 17 ticks in 3 races and won 7 in 2 for a net loss of 10 ticks. Today I lost 14 ticks over three trades and won 10 over 5 trades but still ended up about 30p. Today my trend/momentum system lost 14 while my ranging system won the 10. I would be easy to give up my trend system but it would mean I could have only 4 trades in a 5 hour session which would be huge waste of my time. I have found that I need to be concentrating and can't really do anything else even if I have 30 minutes between races. I would be happy if my momentum system could break even but I will give it some more thought and a few more days before I decide. Today was the first day I didn't break a single rule so I am happy about my discipline. I am also becoming better at identifying risky trades. The problem is too much time watching and not doing anything and this is a recipe for disaster for me.

Typing this I have answered my dilemma. I will just have to train myself to utilise the time between qualifying races. I will also double the stakes on my ranging system so the trending trades don't hurt me so much as I try to get them to work.

I should have won an easy £20 over this weekend from sporting index's all losses refunded mobile betting offer. Unfortunately I couldn't get my xda orbit or blackberry to run their software

Next trading day will be next weekend but after this week things should ease up a bit at work and I will be able to trade using logmein

Until next weekend good luck with all your trading

No comments: