Monday 5 January 2009

Disaster at the Dogs

Daily Result -£3.93p

With only one low quality meet today I should have walked away but honestly this did not even cross my mind. Since I was home and after today my next trading day would not be until Sunday, I decided to trade the meet at Lingfield then go do a few chores. All the races were not the kinds I like to trade with few runners and/or clear favourites. After 3 races and a total of 1 hour 30 minutes at the computer with no single trade the inevitable happenned. I started trying to force trades. i couldn't find one single system trade and all the trades I took today were purely based on WOM. I actually won 3 ticks from 2 trades and lost 6 ticks from 3 trades for -3 ticks & -0.95p overall

I had a list of things to do like dry cleaning, haircut etc however since I was down for the day and after reading a post on a forum today which suggested that you could trade greyhounds just using WOM I switched over. 2 hours later I had lost £2.98p. I won't make any excuses and say it doesn't count. I just hope I have learnt my lesson as if I have £4 is a very low price to pay. The greyhounds came thick and fast and I just couldn't drag myself away. Also stupidly instead of trading with £2 or even £0.50p I traded with £5 and paid the price.

Like I say this lesson will serve me for sometime before I get it out of my system as I can't imagne I won't go on tilt again but hopefully not for a while

I don't think the dogs are too difficult to master but I have enough on my plate with horses, matched betting and football.

Also something I have learnt is everytime I read a new idea in a blog, forum post or ebook I always want to try it out. There is nothing wrong with this but the best way probably is to back test and if not possible trade with very small stakes

The availability of the dogs can be a positive or a very big negative. They can be used to earn daily cash but also can be used as an escape from boredom when your main trading events are not available like today. This is one of the reasons I am happy I am writing this blog and hopefully never again will I waste time and money on the dogs

No comments: