Sunday 4 January 2009

Recharged

Profit since last update £0.12

Yes. The above is over two sessions and is not a typo. Overall I won 4 ticks & lost 3 ticks. Also couldn't find any high quality sitable horses to lay.

I have had a lot of enforced time off as I have had to work & also because of all the meet cancellations that have happened in the last few days.

I have used the time really think about how I want to take this forward. I have been wondering why I traded with £5 stakes for about 2 months and I believe the reason is I do not have enough confidence in my systems without statistical historical support. That's why when I read eBay systems I am never convinced. I need to see things like 50 races identified in the last 2 months, 80% strike rate & 20% yield with a listing of the races. The ebooks always show a few winning selections but what is always at the back of my mind is how many losers and at what odds.

So I decided to do some back testing. My initial plan was to get the data from fracsoft.com but I balked a bit at the price. I would have to pay about 70p per meet so 100 meets equates to £70.

Not a huge amount and I can & probably will pay this amount eventually but since I am not yet in profit I am trying to keep my costs as low as possible. That is why I use gruss' betting assistant at £6 a month instead of bet angel. To digress a bit I really like bet angel's soccer mystic and can think of so many uses for it but i am not quite convinced about the long term viability of inplay trading since betfair's premium charge so I hesitating to invest in it.

Anyway I know I have close to 200 races I can use for review. If I find my systems are as profitable as I think I may even double my stakes. Also if I find my laying system is not profitable I will drop it. So looking forward to the results.

Looks like I will be trading tomorrow as I have to work from home. My daughter doesn't go back to school until Tuesday 6th.

No comments: