Sunday 11 January 2009

Premium charge delayed

Daily Result -0.95p

Today was a real struggle for me. I had not traded for a while and also woke up too late to get myself into the zone mentally. The evidence of this was I was using my £5 safety stakes instead of my full stakes and didn't even realise

I lost 12 ticks over 4 trades and won 5 ticks over 3 trades. It was one of those days where my rules did not signal any bets so in the end I started jumping in and relaxing my rules. I traded the two available meets, 1 in Ireland which I don't normally do but enjoyed. My spreadsheet is built for only about 24 runners and at least 2 races today in Ireland had 25 or more. This means I will need to rewrite the spreadsheet. Soon

One of my problems is I am not full time and my trading days are few and far between so when I have the time to trade I force myself even if I am not mentally in the zone.

This is why I may give up trading but only after 30 bets each on all systems, hopefully by the end of January. To clarify I will still trade but I will have to be very selective. I trade the over/under 2.5 market very well sometimes having no bet in 2 weeks however when I sit in front of the PC I can't stop myself placing speculative bets or gambling.

Found a few blogs today and it seems almost everybody is making at least £200 a day some about £1,500. Good news is that this is proof that the money can be made and also I may be able to pick up a few tips from reading them.

For now I will spend the next 2 hours doing some more graphical analysis, basically looking at all horses that drift or steam more than 15 ticks in the 10 minutes before the off to see if the charts yield any clues.

No comments: