Saturday 17 January 2009

Close but still not there

Result since last update £-0.75p
Horse Racing -£3.83
Football £3.08

Not a disaster but not great. The cornerstone of all this is trading horse races before the start with football & match betting as sidelines so I am very frustrated that this is not working yet. Won £3.09 on a football under 2.5 bet in the game between Nice & Auxerre and this is what dragged me back from the doldrums. The good news is loosing causes a lot of introspection. Every time I lose I spend time studying my charts and apply new tweaks to the basic strategies. One thing I have decided is that I will place fewer bets. The problem with this is that if my shortlisted races are about say 30 - 40 minutes apart in a 5 hour period there is not much I can do in between.

I feel my strategies are not far away. One thing I will do is slow down my refresh rate to about 4 or 5 seconds so my stops don't get hit. I still need the stops as I am not disciplined enough without it. I am using betting assistants sliding stop and I will keep this too for now.

Again I am seriously thinking of ordering a few meets from Fracsoft as the data I collect is about 3-4 seconds between each refresh which means strategies I design based on this data do not work in real time.

Anyway luckily I can try new things tomorrow and this will probably be my last trading day until next Saturday. I have an under 2.5 goals bet tomorrow in the game between Xanthi and Larissa in the Greek first division and hope that brings in some cash.

No comments: